This air fryer short ribs are a good weeknight dinner because it is quick and simple. It does not require much attention. They are so tender and the fat is deliciously crispy. You can easily have that outdoor grill taste with these short ribs without having to do outdoor grilling.
With this new gadget in my kitchen, life has become so easy and preparing meals has never been better 🙂
You could be wondering though what can go into the air fryer and what cant. I have answered few of the most frequently asked questions about the recipe below
The answer is a big YES. You can cook short ribs in air fryer with half the time it would take you in an oven on the top stove. The taste is even better
Cooking short ribs in air fryer can take anything between 10 to 25 minutes. It all depends on the air fryer, smaller air fryers cook faster than bigger air fryers. The power of the air fryer also plays in role in the total cook time.
I cook my air fryer short ribs at 200c however you can go as low as 160c but it will take you longer. Also, be careful not to set the air fryer high cause you can easily burn your ribs.
Using the digital thermometer, when the internal temperature is anything between 200 to 205 then your short ribs will be perfectly cooked
What you need to make these short ribs?
- 500 g beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- salt to taste
How to cook short ribs in air fryer step by step guide
Step1 mix all your seasoning in one bowl
step2 rub your short ribs with the seasoning
step3 place them inside your air fryer basket. Please don’t stuff them up like me in the basket (hides) my tiny air fryer… leave some room for the air circulation.
Step 4 Cook in your air fryer on 200 C for 15 minutes. When the cooking process is halfway through, flip around the ribs so that the other side can cook evenly as well.
If you loved this recipe you might want to check out the air fryer chicken gizzard kebabs to prepare them as your appetizer
Recipe notes and tips
- You can preheat your air fryer on 200c for 3 to 5 minutes. If you do this your cooking time might be shorter than the recommended cooking time
- You do not have to spray the basket as the short ribs have their fat and they did not stick when I was testing this recipe
- Air fryer models differ, my tiny air fryer cooks faster than big spacious air fryer because the is less room for the air to circulate. If you have a bigger air fryer then the cook time may stretch further than 15 minutes
- If you want to be busy with something else while the air fryer is cooking, you might want to set the cooking time into two batches. The first half for the one side then the last half for the other side.
Air fryer short ribs
- Air fryer
- 500 g Beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Mix all your seasoning in one bowl
- Rub your short ribs with the seasoning
- Place them inside your air fryer basket. Leave some space between them to allow air circulation to flow
- Cook in your air fryer on 200°C for 15 minutes. When the cooking process is halfway through, flip around the ribs so that the other side can cook evenly as well.