This tender crispy air fryer chicken gizzards is a delicious appetizer and a perfect keto and low-carb snack . You don’t need to set up fire for this to be possible all thanks to the air fryer. It is one of the easy air fryer recipes and its even quicker than cooking them on the top stove
This post contains affiliate links, please see my disclaimer for detailed info.
What are chicken gizzards?
Chicken gizzards are an organ in the digestive tract of a chicken. It’s a place where the waste of the chicken goes into. Sometimes it is referred to as giblets rather than being a family member of the giblets. Chicken gizzards are very popular within African cuisine with different ways of cooking it. I personally grew up eating them and I preferred them over chicken livers. Chicken gizzards can be served as a snack or appetizer.
Air frying chicken gizzards? Is this even possible?
Absolutely! There are a lot of chicken gizzards recipes and air frying them is similar to those which are deep fried. With this recipe you may par boil the gizzards before you air fry them. I just love how food turns out in the air fryer. I made these chicken quarter legs in the air fryer and the skin came out crispy and the inside was deliciously juicy.
Another chicken gizzard recipe that I love is chicken gizzard stew and I will be sharing that soon. I haven’t tried them on a grill but I am imagining it to be great as well.
Are you looking to replace your air fryer? Look no further…. Get the best value for money with this 5 stars reviews air fryer from amazon.
Best air fryer accessories to make your air frying life much more simpler and exciting
Essential ingredients for the air fryer chicken gizzards
How to cook chicken gizzards in the air fryer?
Rinse chicken gizzards then pat dry them using a cloth or paper towel.
In a bowl, you can mix all your seasoning ingredients with olive oil. Then choose one of the two options
- You can put the chicken gizzards onto the skewer then use a brush to brush both sides of the gizzards.
- You can add the gizzards into the mixture, rubbing them together to ensure that all is nicely incorporated. Then put them on the skewer, this method gets a little bit messy on your hands though.
Preheat your air fryer for 3 minutes at 200c /400F
Place your gizzards in the air fryer basket then cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Please flip the skewers halfway through the cooking process.
You can enjoy these air fryer gizzards on their own as a snack or a savory appetizer .
Could be enjoyed alongside a fresh summer salad.
Include it in a platter of different meaty finger foods.
How to clean chicken gizzards?
Most chicken gizzards are sold cleaned already however in a case that they are not, it is quite simple to do so. If they are not cleaned they will have that hard yellowish skin inside and you just have to find the edge where you can start to peel off the skin. Afterward, you can rinse them with water for finishing then they are clean.
How to cook tender chicken gizzards?
For this recipe, they came out crispy at the edges and tender on the inside. If you would like to enhance the tenderness of these air fryer chicken gizzards then you could pre-boil them or alternatively soak them for 30 to 45 minutes in a baking soda solution. In a bowl add water that will cover the gizzards and add just a teaspoon of baking soda then let them rest for 30 minutes
Are air fryer chicken gizzards keto friendly?
This recipe is 100% keto-friendly, all the ingredients are keto-friendly because I am following a low carb/ keto lifestyle myself. I love having these air fryer chicken gizzards when I want to snack on something salty
How long do you cook chicken gizzards in an air fryer?
It varies with air fryers because some are of good quality and so are not so much on that level. Depending on the power of your air fryer, it is anywhere from 200 to 25 minutes. You need to at least flip them halfway the cooking time so both sides can be well cooked
More Air fryer chicken recipes to try
Air fryer chicken gizzards kebab
- 500 g Chicken gizzards
- skewer sticks
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse chicken gizzards then pat dry them using a cloth or paper towel
- In a bowl, you can mix all your seasoning ingredients with olive oil. Then choose one of the two options1 You can put the chicken gizzards onto the skewer then use a brush to brush both sides of the gizzards2 You can add the gizzards into the mixture, rubbing them together to ensure that all is nicely incorporated. Then put them on the skewer, this method gets a little bit messy on your hands though
- Preheat your air fryer for 3 minutes at 200°c /400°F
- Place your gizzards in the air fryer basket then cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Please flip the skewers halfway through the cooking process