You have to try these mouthwatering air fryer buffalo chicken bites. They are so easy and quick to make, soon they will be part of your dinner without realizing how often you make them. In just 15 minutes you have the perfect side dish ready.
Why you will love these air fried buffalo chicken bites
It is super easy to make and packed with flavors.
They are healthier for your entire family.
They are not breaded and the chicken is juicy.
You can easily make this recipe low-carb and keto compliant.
12 oz of chicken breast– ever since we making boneless buffalo chicken bites, you can use any cut of the chicken with bones removed but I prefer boneless chicken breast because it is easier to work with
Seasoning– In this recipe, I used paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, and salt. You can use any seasoning of your choice
How to make boneless buffalo chicken bites in the air fryer?
1 Cut your boneless chicken into equal cubes.
2 In a bowl add the raw chicken bites then season with your seasoning spices. If you have time you may let it rest for at least 30 minutes prior to air frying, this is totally optional.
3 Preheat for 5 minutes at 200C then spray your air fryer basket with olive oil to avoid the chicken bites sticking to the air fryer basket.
4 Put the chicken bites in the air fryer basket then air fryer for 10 minutes at 200C. At 5 minutes please flip the chicken bites or use a tong or fork to flip them over. This allows all sides of the chicken to cook evenly.
Homemade buffalo sauce ingredients list
Soy sauce or Worcester sauce
Salt to taste if you use unsalted butter.
An easy guide for preparing the buffalo sauce on a top stove.
1 Add all your ingredients in the saucepan off from the stove and not preheated.
2 Put your stove on medium heat then put the saucepan on. Once the butter starts to melt, stir using a whisker until it starts to simmer. Let it simmer for up to 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Detailed measurements are at the bottom of this page, you have an option to print them out.
What goes well with air fryer buffalo chicken bites?
These air-fried buffalo chicken bites are a great snack but you could enjoy them with various sides to make a full dish.
You can add them to your bowl of greek salad
Goes very well with creamy mashed potatoes
Pasta salad. The list can go on and on…
Alternative ways of cooking buffalo chicken bites
Basically here I will just give a brief method of making buffalo chicken bites without the air fryer. I have used an instant pot and oven-baked before.
You can use an instant pot to cook chicken bites, You will just have to use the air frying mode and cook at 185C for 15 minutes. The coating and season steps are the same.
Oven-baked buffalo chicken bites – You will lay your chicken pieces on a baking pan, don’t put them close together. Preheat the oven to 200C for 5 minutes and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. If you want to make them crispy you will move the baking pan to the upper rack for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time.
How long does it take to cook frozen buffalo chicken bites in the air fryer?
You don’t have to thaw the chicken bites, just put them in the air fryer basket the cook for 10 to 15 minutes at 200C, occasionally shaking the basket during the cooking time to ensure that all sides cook evenly.
More air fryer chicken recipes worth trying
Due to the fact that air fryers differ, the cooking time for this recipe may differ from one air fryer to the next. Please use them as a guide to give you an idea of more or less the time it might take to cook them.
It is essential not to crowd the air fryer basket because it will result in the chicken bites sticking together. Ideally, put a single layer and cook in badges if your air fryer is smaller or you are cooking for a crowd.
Air fryer buffalo chicken bites
- 12 oz Boneless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon parprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
Buffalo sauce ingrediets
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- ⅓ cup Hot sause
- 1 tablespoon White vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce or Soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne prpprt
- salt to taste If you used unsalted butter
- Cut your boneless chicken into equal cubes.
- In a bowl add the raw chicken bites then season with your seasoning spices. If you have time you may let it rest for at least 30 minutes prior to air frying, this is totally optional.
- Preheat for 5 minutes at 200°C then spray your air fryer basket with olive oil to avoid the chicken bites sticking to the air fryer basket.
- Put the chicken bites in the air fryer basket then air fryer for 10 minutes at 200°C. At 5 minutes please flip the chicken bites or use a tong or fork to flip them over. This allows all sides of the chicken to cook evenly.
Making homade buffalo sauce
- Add all your ingredients in the saucepan off from the stove and not preheated.
- Put your stove on medium heat then put the saucepan on. Once the butter starts to melt, stir using a whisker until it starts to simmer. Let it simmer for up to 5 minutes while stirring frequently.