Nothing beats these juicy air fryer bone-in chicken breasts, the skin is crispy and tender on the inside. They are a quick fix for a weeknight dinner, before you know it they can easily become part of your weekly rotation.
If you love chicken like I do then you will know how it matters to have different various delicious chicken recipes and the air fryer gives you that platform. I love how air fried chicken taste, it has a deep-fried vibes as well as oven roasted chicken. With all that you can never get tired of eating chicken cause always its a different kind of chicken.
What you will love about this air fryer bone-in chicken breasts recipe.
- The chicken is tender and juicy with a fine crispy skin.
- It has a deep-fry good taste without the calories.
- It is healthy and easy to make in the air fryer.
- Bone-in chicken breasts are cheaper than boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts with skin. If you are watching calories you go for skinless.
- Smoky paprika. This will give your chicken that flame-grilled flavor.
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt to taste
How to make bone-in chicken breast in the air fryer?
1 Preheat your air fryer at 200°C for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, clean your chicken breasts thoroughly and pat them dry using a paper towel.
2 Rub the chicken breast with your paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt.
TIP: If your chicken has skin, try to get under the skin with that dry rub seasoning so that the inside of the chicken can get those flavors too.
3 Lay your bone-in chicken breasts in the air fryer basket skin facing up. A single layer will be good, stacking up the air fryer will result in unevenly cooked chicken and it won’t be crispy.
4 Cook that for a good 25 minutes at 200°C. Halfway through the cooking time, you need to flip over the chicken breasts. This ensures that both sides are cooked.
5 Once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees then it is ready to be served. Let it cool a few minutes before digging in.
What goes well with air-fried bone-in chicken breasts?
You can serve these bone-in chicken breasts with this sweet corn on the cob which was also made in the air fryer.
Creamy garlic mashed potatoes.
Greek cucumber and tomatoes salad.
Alternative methods of roasting bone-in chicken breasts.
The traditional oven can give the same tasty bone-in chicken breasts but it will take longer in the oven. Here are full instructions for making this recipe in the oven.
How to make juicy chicken breast in the air fryer?
There is no secret code to juicy chicken breast. Just don’t cook the chicken to death, if you don’t have a digital thermometer then it’s time to invest in one to open up your world of juicy chicken. Just when the chicken hits 165 degrees internal temperature on its thickest side then it is ready. Over cooking it results in dull dry chicken. Let it cool before serving so the juices can be distributed evenly throughout the chicken breast.
Yes, you can cook frozen bone in chicken breast in the air fryer. Your cooking time and temperature will differ. You will have to cook it in a lower heat for a longer time so the skin or the outer edges don’t burn before the chicken is well cooked on the inside. You can cook it at 180° for 30 to 35 minutes. Use the digital thermometer to check the internal temperature to be 165 degrees for taking it out.
Leftovers and reheating leftovers
These are so super good I doubt if you will have any leftovers but if you do, I got you. Pop that into an airtight container and put them in the fridge. They will be good there for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftovers in the 2 minutes microwave or 3 minutes in the preheated air fryer
You could freeze them in a zipper bag for close to 4 months. When they are from the freezer, the skin will lose its crispness.
More air fryer chicken recipes you will love
air fryer bone-in chicken breast
- Air fryer
- 2 Bone-in chicken breats
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your air fryer at 200°C for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, clean your chicken breasts thoroughly and pat them dry using a paper towel.
- Rub the chicken breast with your paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Lay your bone-in chicken breasts in the air fryer basket skin facing up.
- Cook that for a good 25 minutes at 200°C. Halfway through the cooking time, you need to flip over the chicken breasts. This ensures that both sides are cooked.
- Once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees then it is ready to be served. Let it cool a few minutes before digging in.