You have to try these bacon-wrapped Oreos. They are a combination of sweet and salty treats. You might have seen this recipe making rounds on social media and thought to yourself why should I even consider making this? I was just like you and I must say I was impressed by the outcomes and my kids enjoyed them so much.
This post contains Amazon affiliates links. See my disclaimer for details
What does bacon plus Oreos taste like?
The oreo cookies have their sweet taste which goes well with the salty taste from the BBQ rub on the bacon strips. It’s like how you would add some sweet chili sauce to your curry to balance the salt if you added a little bit too much salt. In this case, the salty taste does not overpower the sweet but rather complement it to the right level. Overall they taste great and you can easily get hooked on them
Another recipe that is worth trying is this air fryer cucumber chips. I was impressed with how this recipe turned out. It was way better than I expected it to be.
- BBQ rub
How to make bacon-wrapped Oreos in the air fryer
- Wrap the Oreos with your bacon. If the width of the bacon is greater than the oreo cookies then you can cut it so it doesn’t overlap. A single-layer wrap is enough.
- Sprinkle with your favorite BBQ rub then put them in your air fryer basket. You can use toothpicks to secure the bacon.
- Air fry your bacon-wrapped Oreos at 200C for 7 to 10 minutes, you may flip them halfway through the cooking time if you see a need to. Let them cool for a few minutes then enjoy your sweet savory snack or dessert.
Alternative methods to make this bacon-wrapped Oreos
If you don’t have an air fryer you can use your smoker however the cooking time is longer.
You can bake these babies in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your bacon strips you will want to monitor this so you don’t cook them to death.
Yes. In an air-tight container then place them in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. To reheat them, you can use a microwave or back in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes.
The Oreo filling doesn’t melt, it just gets softer.
Yes, you may use other cookies but you may want to stay away from chocolate cookies as the chocolate will melt under the heat.
You can make this recipe in the oven or smoker.
Caution: safety tips for using an air fryer
Within this recipe, if you are going to use toothpicks please make sure to soak them in water before you use them. We want to eliminate any chances of your air fryer starting a fire.
Always unplug the air fryer when it is not in use. I’m not saying your air fryer will burn your house but there are cases where reports show that the air fryer started the fire.
When you are using the air fryer, don’t put it against the wall where the fan is. You will need to allow a safe distance so the air can circulate in and out of the air fryer. Stay safe and enjoy the convenience of your air fryer.
More air fryer recipes to try
Bacon wrapped Oreos
- Air fryer
- 1 packet Oreos
- BBQ rub
- Wrap the oreos with your bacon. If the width of the bacon is greater than the oreo cookies then you can cut it so it doesn't overlap. A single layer wrap is enough
- Sprinkle with your favourite BBQ rub then put them in your air fryer basket. You can use toothpicks to secure the bacon.
- Air fry your bacon wrapped oreos at 200°C for 7 to 10 minutes, you may flip them half way through the cooking time if you see a need to. Let them cool for a few minutes then enjoy your sweet savory snack or dessert.